Clear all

How many days a week do you train?

32 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
Bigbackzac
(@bigbackzac)
Topic starter  

Inspired by JerrytheJuicers comments on never training for than 2 days in a row, it got me thinking.

Maybe some of are overtraining. How many days a week do you train?

I train on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Every week. I may throw in an early training seesion on a Friday (if I can drag myself out of bed).

BBZ

A great man once said, "Jam a gram and enjoy the ride".

Deziner
(@deziner)

I just switched from doing Monday, Wednesday and Friday(then wouldnt train again until monday) to Monady, Tuesday and then Thursday, Friday. I added the extra day while on.

ReplyQuote
(@supermatt)

Monday through Saturday, Sunday off. 5500 to 6000 cals a day keeps me from overtraining.

ReplyQuote
cannibal007
(@cannibal007)

Frequency for me, each part at least 3xweek, but low sets, 3-5sets.
If I rest too long between workouts for same part, gains slow. Tried everything from Mentzers 1 set, to GVT. frequent low volume works best for me

ReplyQuote
(@dan-m)

3 times a week......mon weds fri...

ReplyQuote
 Step
(@step)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday... 2 day split doggcrap style. One exercise, 1 set for each muscle group.

Then every 5-6 weeks cruise with light weights for a week and a half.

Fuck the volume shit... overtrain and gets me no where except when I was newbie.

ReplyQuote
(@hypnical)

I tend to go Mon Wed Fri with cardio in between and 1 full rest day a week

Seems fine for me

ReplyQuote
Deziner
(@deziner)

Step, how you finding the doggcrap style? I was thinking of trying it.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)

This really is the $1,000,000 question isn't it? If only we knew THE answer.

Personally, I think I spent most of my life over-training. As I progress in years, I simply do not have the energy for this type of mistake any more. I have been doing very brief workouts. Day 1 = legs, day 2 = chest and arms, day 3 = shoulders & back, then repeat from the beginning. I can do this for 5 days in a row and piling in the food, (to the point of nausea), and making steady progress, but I think that this is even too much.

I am thinking of using this routine BUT in an abridged version with a days rest in between workouts so each bp gets hit only once per week and maybe increase my sets to 6 per muscle group.

From what I can tell, over-training, would appear to be the common thread in what is holding those of us back that are not genetically gifted and not the amount or combination of gear we are / are not taking. Eating correctly is a HUGE factor and much more so than I realised in my earlier years and it has taken me this long to work it out!!

ReplyQuote
MrAust92
(@mraust92)

4 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)

Each b/part once per week, medium volume and high intensity.

Pre-contest would be 5 days per week or 2 on/ 1 off.

MA92

ReplyQuote
 Step
(@step)

Posted by: Deziner
Step, how you finding the doggcrap style? I was thinking of trying it.

Finding it awesome!

Strength is always going up, never feel run down and always pumped up to go to the gym and beat what I did last time reps/weight.

ALso the cycles for pennies thread on the Animal board has HEAPS of info (85 pages long or so now.. lol)...

This post was modified 5 years ago by supervisor

ReplyQuote
 Step
(@step)

Oh yeah.. i've gained about 10-15kg since I got back from overseas(which was 5 months of non-stop partying and lost about 10-15kg there) in March. Muscle memory helps too though But im better shape now than before I left..

ReplyQuote
Deziner
(@deziner)

Cheers mate, I'll check it out.

ReplyQuote
Tiny Aussie
(@tiny-aussie)
Eminent Member

Everyday cept weekends, differing regime.

TA

ReplyQuote
(@stanaman)

Three days per week, M W F. Monday is chest/shoulders/bis, Wednesday is legs, Friday is back/tris.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: